Tradesmen insurance is a type of business insurance that provides specialised cover for the hazards and risks involved in working in a trade.


Tradesman Insurance is made up of a selection of different cover options. The type of tradesmen insurance you will need depend on the work you’re involved in. 

Options include:


Public Liability

Public liability insurance covers for you against claims for accidental damage caused to property or injury to individuals

Especially important if:

You work on client sites, for example you’re a tradesman carrying out work in people’s homes or gardens.

You work in public, for example you’re a builder, and your work could potentially cause injury or damage to a member of the public.


Employers liability

If you have employees then you will need to make sure that they are covered. Even if you employ short-term staff, casual workers or contractors, you will usually be required to have employers liability insurance

If you are required to have Employers’ Liability insurance and do not have it, you can be fined up to £2,500 for every day you do not have cover.

More details on your obligations under the Employers’ Liability Act can be found from the Health and Safety Executive website and on the UK Government website.


Tool Cover

For if your work tools are lost, damaged, or stolen.


Business Supplies

If you have lots of business supplies such as bricks or tiles then we can cover them against damage or theft.


Personal accident insurance

For compensation for loss of income as well as medical costs that result from you becoming seriously injured or passing away due to your work


Contract works insurance

Can cover the cost of repairing or redoing work on a construction site if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event - like fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft - while it’s in progress.


Get a quote


Call now on 0333 305 1299

Opening Hours: Monday-Friday 9.00 – 17.00
else get a call back by completing this form below.

Name *